We are always looking for great people!
If you're interested in becoming part of our MAC STAFF family, please send your desired position, resume and cover letter to:
Front Desk Supervisor - Full Time
The Front Desk Supervisor works full-time in an often fast paced, team environment providing exceptional customer service to our members and guests at our high end fitness and tennis club. This is a great opportunity to work with an energetic and supportive team!
- Oversee a staff of approximately 7-9 part time Member Service Associates
- Assisting members and staff, including greeting people, handling complaints and directing inquiries,
- Hiring and training new staff
- Responding to member surveys
- Maintain front desk services and department efficiency by coordinating staff schedules, daily cash reconciliation, updating member/guest account information, monitoring data entry and following up on work results
- Preparation of departmental payroll
- Reports to senior management. Keeps management informed of employee/member issues
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, supporting and disciplining employees, monitoring and appraising job results. Quarterly staff meetings and staff appreciation programs
- Provide backup support to other departments
- Additional duties upon request
- High School Degree
- 1+ year's work experience in customer service
- 1+ year's work experience as a manager/supervisor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings/weekends at times
The Manchester Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer that hires without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other prohibited factors under applicable federal, state and local laws.
Member Services Associate - Manchester location
Our Member Services Department has job opportunities available at our Manchester location. MAC is looking for a few energetic, friendly and responsible people to work at our Front Desk! With part-time employment we offer a free club membership.
Manchester Athletic Club
Men’s Adult Program Director - Full Time
Duties: Serve as high-level Tennis Coach and Instructor for sports and fitness club, focused on team and
individual player development. On-court responsibilities include:
- Responsible for entire Men’s adult program, which includes running teams, managing the program, marketing and recruiting
- Organize and run group and individual tennis lessons, drills and performance training for the high performance competition players;
- Travel to various Sectional and National tournaments and events with the competing players, acting as the traveling coach, and analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of opposing players in order to develop game strategies;
- Scout potential players to be recruited into the MAC Tennis Academy while at Sectional and National tournaments and events;
- Supervise and actively coach match play of high performance players;
- Work cooperatively with the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA), on coaching education as it relates to high performance players;
- Lead, coordinate, train, supervise, and manage activities of other tennis coaches to work with the high performance players to ensure that students reach their personal and/or professional goals.
- Off-court responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage high performance competitive player technical, tactical, mental, and physical evaluations;
- Coordinate and manage the annual tournament and training schedules of the high performance players;
- Gather, disseminate and utilize the latest research in the sport sciences, including sports psychology, mental toughness, speed and agility, proper nutrition, etc., as it relates to tennis competition and coaching techniques;
- Coordinate and conduct the evaluations and testing of high performance players, understanding the individual players' differences in their skills, ability, personality and interest according to their own capacity and thereby develop a year-round individualized training program, and from such evaluations, analyzing information and results for any potential adjustments of training regiment;
- Provide up-to-date information to players, coaches and parents in regards to the Sectional/National Junior Ranking and tournament play;
- Identify developmental needs of players through coaching and mentoring;
- Develop and assist in implementing marketing strategies to recruit top national and international players, and promote the MAC Tennis Academy; establishing relationships with colleges and universities in the United States to foster intercollegiate recruitment interest for youth players.
- Utilize knowledge of prerequisite requirements needed by Junior program students to be admitted to the MAC Tennis Academy level (high-peformance players)
- 10% domestic travel required to attend away matches and tournaments
Requirements: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sport and Movement Science, Sports Management, Sports Coaching or a directly related field plus five (5) years experience teaching, coaching and providing fitness program training and development for high performance competitive tennis players. Experience must include some amount of:
- Advanced skills in tennis play and experience in team competitive tennis at college, regional or national level
- Demonstrated knowledge in curriculum design and implementation, evaluation and measurement techniques, coaching, understanding human behavior and performance, understanding how individuals learn and improve, and player motivation
- PTR (Professional Tennis Registry) Professional Level or USPTA (United States Professional Tennis Association) certification
- USTA (United States Tennis Association) high performance coach certification
Experience may be gained before, during or after issuance of Bachelor’s degree.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org