MAC Full-time Membership Sales Consultant
Manchester Athletic Club is seeking a full-time Membership Sales Consultant who is responsible for producing consistent monthly sales by enrolling prospective members in the club. Lead generation, networking and relationship building are critical to the success of this position. The Consultant will support club initiatives, programs, staff and members; always providing a high level of customer service. The applicant must be enthusiastic about wellness and have a positive, can-do attitude. The Membership Sales Consultant should have a minimum of 2-3 years of sales experience, ideally within the fitness industry.
The applicant must be available a minimum of two evening shifts during the week (11 AM- 7:00 PM) as well as Sunday’s (9 AM-4 PM). This is a full-time, 40 hour per week opportunity.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Samantha Leland no later than Friday, March 23rd via email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge of the sales process, cross-selling and up-selling
- Ability to tour and close prospective members always maintaining a professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to initiate and create friendly relationships with members, guests and staff
- Ability to communicate with guests, prospects and staff in person, via email, as well as over the phone
- Has the drive to prospect for qualified leads and create traffic through outreach, referrals, developing relationships within the community and local small businesses and being involved in club and community events
- Ability to build a network of contacts through these prospecting efforts and referrals
- Able to handle member suggestions and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- High school diploma or GED
- College degree in business, sales & marketing, or related field preferred
- Looking for a self-motivated person who has a sales mentality
- 2-3 years of prior sales experience is strongly encouraged for consideration
- Excellent customer services skills, outgoing, motivational and friendly
- Ability to met/exceed sales quotas
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate a computer efficiently and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work nights and weekends as this will be a requirement of the position
Men's Adult Tennis Program Director
Duties: Serve as high-level Tennis Coach and Instructor for sports and fitness club, focused on team and individual player development.
On-court responsibilities include:
Responsible for entire Men’s adult program, which includes running teams, managing the program, marketing and recruiting
Organize and run group and individual tennis lessons, drills and performance training for the high performance competition players;
Travel to various Sectional and National tournaments and events with the competing players, acting as the traveling coach, and analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of opposing players in order to develop game strategies;
Scout potential players to be recruited into the MAC Tennis Academy while at Sectional and National tournaments and events;
Supervise and actively coach match play of high performance players;
Work cooperatively with the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA), on coaching education as it relates to high performance players;
Lead, coordinate, train, supervise, and manage activities of other tennis coaches to work with the high performance players to ensure that students reach their personal and/or professional goals.
Off-court responsibilities include:
Develop and manage high performance competitive player technical, tactical, mental, and physical evaluations;
Coordinate and manage the annual tournament and training schedules of the high performance players;
Gather, disseminate and utilize the latest research in the sport sciences, including sports psychology, mental toughness, speed and agility, proper nutrition, etc., as it relates to tennis competition and coaching techniques;
Coordinate and conduct the evaluations and testing of high performance players, understanding the individual players' differences in their skills, ability, personality and interest according to their own capacity and thereby develop a year-round individualized training program, and from such evaluations, analyzing information and results for any potential adjustments of training regiment;
Provide up-to-date information to players, coaches and parents in regards to the Sectional/National Junior Ranking and tournament play;
Identify developmental needs of players through coaching and mentoring;
Develop and assist in implementing marketing strategies to recruit top national and international players, and promote the MAC Tennis Academy; establishing relationships with colleges and universities in the United States to foster intercollegiate recruitment interest for youth players.
Utilize knowledge of prerequisite requirements needed by Junior program students to be admitted to the MAC Tennis Academy level (high-peformance players)
10% domestic travel required to attend away matches and tournaments
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sport and Movement Science, Sports Management, Sports Coaching or a directly related field plus five (5) years experience teaching, coaching and providing fitness program training and development for high performance competitive tennis players. Experience must include some amount of:
Advanced skills in tennis play and experience in team competitive tennis at college, regional or national level
Demonstrated knowledge in curriculum design and implementation, evaluation and measurement techniques, coaching, understanding human behavior and performance, understanding how individuals learn and improve, and player motivation
PTR (Professional Tennis Registry) Professional Level or USPTA (United States Professional Tennis Association) certification
USTA (United States Tennis Association) high performance coach certification
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
We are always looking for great people!
If you're interested in becoming part of our MAC STAFF family, please send your resume and cover letter to: